Si usted desea tener esta traducida, por favor, llame a Davis Magnet School al 714.424.7930
Every student is entitled to a safe school environment free from discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying. The District’s Policy on Bullying can be
Newport-Mesa Unified School District Deputy Superintendent and Chief Business Official to Retire in December
Welcome to Davis Magnet School!
The Davis Magnet School staff is excited for the 2016-17 school year. These dedicated professionals have been hard at work preparing for the more than 600 preschool through 6th grade students who will be busy learning on our campus this year. We believe that it is a team effort to provide a productive and safe learning environment for our students. Please read some suggestions below to help ensure your child has a safe and successful school year. Thank you for your continued support of Davis Magnet School and we look forward to working together with all our Davis community members.
5 Tips to Help Your Child have a Successful 2016-17 School Year
1. Read our new and improved handbook. The handbook can be found on the left side of this website. It provides important details about our school.
2. Stay informed! We are utilizing a wide variety of communication tools this year and relying more on technology, than paper flyers. You don’t want to miss anything, so be sure to look at the 2016-17 Essential Information tab on the left side of the website. Sign up and bookmark each of those sites that are listed and stay informed throughout the year.
3. Add all dates from our school calendar onto your calendar, especially Wednesday, September 21st, which is Back to School Night. Back to School Night is the most important event of the year. Plan on being in the MPR at 5:30 to hear new and important information from Mrs. Flores and then two classroom sessions will follow to accommodate families with multiple children.
Back to School Night – Wednesday, September 21
5:00 to 5:30 p.m.: Band and Choir Parent Meeting with Mr. S in the music room
5:30 to 6:00 p.m.: All parent meeting with Mrs. Flores in the MPR
6:05 to 6:50 p.m.: Classroom Session #1
6:55 to 7:40 p.m.: Classroom Session #2
4. Make sure your child reads and practices their math facts every night. We do not believe in hours and hours of homework. Our students work really hard during the school day. We want our students to be balanced individuals and have the opportunity to be kids. Therefore, all we ask for our students to focus on outside of school is reading and math facts.
5. Unless your child is sick, they should be at school AND arrive on time. Our mission is learning. We cannot accomplish this mission unless our students are present. It is disruptive and challenging for the student when they are tardy.
Our students benefit when we all work together. Thank you for your continued support. Go Ducks!
Davis Magnet School Receives Gold Ribbon School Award
Davis Magnet School Students Excel in Academics and Athletics
Are you interested in becoming a part of the Davis Magnet School family?
Davis Magnet School is a math, science, and technology magnet school located in the Newport-Mesa Unified School District. We are not your typical neighborhood school, but serve students from all across the district. We focus on providing our students hands-on learning opportunities with a special emphasis in math, science, and technology while teaching all of the California content standards.
Below are some helpful details as to how students are admitted to Davis.
If you are interested in learning more about Davis Magnet School, please consider attending one of the monthly tours hosted by the principal, Mrs. Flores. The tours are scheduled for the second Friday of the month at 9:00 a.m. beginning in October. They usually last about an hour and best suited just for parents. There is no need to RSVP, but simply arrive in the front office by 9:00 a.m.
Any attendance, lottery, or tour questions may be answered by our front office staff at 714-424-7930. We thank you for your interest in Davis Magnet School and look forward to meeting you.
The Davis Ducks are Full 'STEAM' Ahead!
Our Mission is Learning!
At Davis Magnet School, our mission is learning. In order for students to learn, they have to be at school ALL day long. Our school day is scheduled from 8:15 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. On Wednesdays, all boys and girls attend school from 8:15 a.m. to 1:20 p.m. Please plan accordingly and make sure that your child is in their classroom line at 8:15 a.m., promptly when flag deck will begin. Any student not in their line at the ringing of the 8:15 a.m. bell will be marked tardy. Also, it is very disruptive to student learning when students leave for a portion of time in the middle of the day or at anytime prior to the final bell. Every minute of learning is precious and we want our students at Davis Magnet School learning during the school day. Please schedule appointments before or after the school day. With your support and help, we can work together as a team towards our mission.
Davis Magnet News
Flag salute starts promptly at 8:15 a.m.
AERIES PARENT PORTAL
Click for instructions:
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Common Core State Standards Resources
CCSS Parent Resources
Optional Daily Dress Codes
Every day we strongly encourage Davis Magnet School students to wear tennis shoes. Students are busy and active, and in order to stay safe and participate, we feel it is important to wear proper shoes to protect themselves. In addition to our tennis shoe suggestion, we have an optional daily dress code that students and staff members may follow. On each of the following days, feel free to wear the suggested shirt listed below:
Monday - Favorite Jersey Day
Tuesday - College Day
Wednesday - Green Team/Eco Club Day (wear green)
Thursday - CMHS/CMMS Spirit Wear Day
Friday - Davis Magnet School Spirit Wear Day
Davis Magnet School
Mission: Our mission is learning.
Vision: To be recognized as one of the finest elementary schools in the United States of America.
Goal: 100% of our students demonstrate proficiency or above in everything we teach.
1. Do your very best
2. Do what is right
3. Treat others the way you want to be treated
4. Take personal responsibility for everything you do
5. Take personal responsibility for everything you say
The Newport-Mesa Unified School District Governing Board is committed to providing equal opportunity for all individuals in education. District programs, activities, practices, and employment shall be free from discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression; the perception of one or more of such characteristics; or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. This policy applies to all acts related to school activity or school attendance within a school under the jurisdiction of the Superintendent. Any school employee who witnesses an incident of unlawful discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, intimidation, retaliation, or bullying, shall immediately intervene to stop the incident when it is safe to do so. Compliance Officer Contact Information: Russell Lee-Sung, Associate Superintendent, Chief Human Resources Officer, 2985 Bear St. Costa Mesa, CA 92626, 714-424-5041